GO PRO aims to transform students into professionals working on a real production. It is a graduation project for 4 groups of students at Al-Harah Performing Arts Training Centre (PARC) in Palestine. These students are specialised in the following fields; Light, sound, costume, scenography, stage management & production management for performing arts.
In partnership with Ashtar Theatre in Jerusalem, Palestine, Dar Qandeel for Arts and Culture in Tulkarm, Palestine and Al-Balad Theatre in Amman, Jordan, which will be targeting together 44 young people between 19-30 years old coming from all over Palestine. 24 students from the five different fields of PARC in total will be part of this process. Divided into groups, each will work with a director & 3-4 actors to produce a theatre piece. Eventually, 15-16 actors and 4 directors will work with groups as well as five trainers who will mentor the students. The performances will be presented to about 1000 people through a mini festival & a graduation ceremony for the students.
The project objectives are to:
- Build students’ capacities and introduce new skills.
- Offer students a stimulating experience of working in a diverse, artistic, technical, social, geographical and cultural environment.
- Create new job opportunities for young Palestinian directors and actors, technicians and production managers and present their work to other theatres.
- Give young people the opportunity to freely express themselves and make their own decisions and choices.
- Create impact by performing the productions to the public.
- Create new networks and exchange expertise between young artists and cultural organisations.
GO PRO will unveil some new horizons and work opportunities for PARC students and for the young directors and actors.
Al-Harah Theatre aims to produce theatre with the potential to change the lives of those who make it and those who watch it. Al Harah Theatre is working in producing theatre for children, youth and adults addressing social topics.